If you’re like most Southerners, grilling is a passion. While you probably have your go-to grill favorites, we bet you didn’t know you could grill these five things. So, go ahead, surprise your grill fans and smoke your competition!
- Watermelon: Heat, smoke and a hint of salt make this sweet fruit turn savory.
- Cake: The sweetness balances out the smoky flavors and a caramelized crust is… well, icing on the cake. *Grill tip: Cut angel food or pound cake into 1-inch thick slices, butter, then grill about 2 minutes per side.
- Romaine lettuce: Grilling creates a smoky flavor that’s a perfect side for your perfect cut of beef.
- Cheese: Placing cheese directly on the grill boosts richness and creates a chewy tecture. *Grill tip: Try think slices of aged provolone for perfect char marks without the melty-mess.
- Sweet Potatoes: Enough said.