Orion Gives Back to Memphis Police Foundation

MemphisPoliceFoundation logo

Orion is proud to announce the Memphis Police Foundation as the July focus of our Orion Gives Back program.

Since 2008, their goal has been to empower our community protectors with the very best technology, helping to keep them on the cutting edge and safe when tracking criminals and combating crime in our city.

Fifteen board members from diverse backgrounds came together with great enthusiasm to leverage their expertise in the areas of finance, research, marketing, public relations, fundraising and development to build philanthropic support for our police department.

Approximately 92% of major city police budgets go to personnel costs, leaving only approximately 8% of budget appropriations for training, equipment and technology. The Memphis Police Foundation was formed to focus on and support these areas of concern by providing private sector support to our police department to help fund essential equipment and training not covered in the operating budget, thus contributing to the development of an innovative, technologically advanced police force optimally engaged with the community it serves.

Join in their efforts to build a more viable community, a safer Memphis and a stronger police department!