Tomorrow the air in Midtown will be filled with tasty smells and sizzling sounds as the annual Best Memphis Burger Fest returns for its 4th year. If you’ve never been to this event, this is definitely the year you should go! Here’s a list of Top 10 reasons why:
10. You will be in one delicious heaven: 36 teams will be going bun-to-bun in this year’s competition of burger one-upmanship. They’ll have an incredible range of wild and crazy creations WITH SLIDERS YOU CAN SAMPLE!
9. Eating options for everyone: if you’re not into burgers, there will be food trucks with other fare.
8. Awesome temps are forecast for tomorrow – it’s a great excuse to spend the day outside.
7. New location! This year, the fest is at the Liberty Bowl’s Tiger Lane, so there’ll be plenty of parking and elbow room.
6. You don’t have to miss your football! There will be a Beer Garden with TVs showing all the day’s big games.
5. Lots of different kinds of fun to be had, including a slider eating competition, cornhole tournaments, and live music.
4. Ah-MAY-zing kids area! There will be a 30-foot video-gaming trailer, a petting zoo, moonwalks, carnival games, face painting, tie-dye T-shirt stations, arts and crafts.
3. There’s no other place or event in Memphis that has a kids pickle-eating contest.
2. Amid the truly democratic playing field [teams include chefs, restaurant staff, cooking hobbyists, tailgaters, and backyard Joes] will be . . . your favorite credit union! YES! Cheer on our team, Orion Chef America, as we compete for the title of Best Memphis Burger with our fabulous creation, the Orion Belt Buster.
AND . . . (drumroll, please) . . . the #1 reason to go to Best Memphis Burger Fest tomorrow is . . . .
1. Proceeds and donations for tasting samples go to a GREAT cause: Memphis Paws. Memphis Paws is a non-profit dedicated to rescuing and improving the quality of life of dogs and cats. Best Memphis Burger Fest has become an annual fundraiser for this wonderful organization who, to date, has proudly donated over $23,500 back to the animal care community.
Come join us tomorrow – you’ll be glad you did!
Admission: $10 per person – 12 yrs and older . Buy Tickets Online and avoid long lines at the gate.